Tuesday, May 24, 2016

DIY Reminder Board {Dry Erase} in minutes!

Show of hands- how many of you have things going on during the day that differs from the person living in the same house as you?  I'm guessing about everyone is raising their hand right now.  In our home we have events that everyone goes to (like small group or family gatherings) but we also have times when one of us is doing something without the other (my husband is a track coach and in the spring he often has meets that run past dinner time or even bedtime).  Being a busy mom- or just a busy human being in general- has scattered my brain and even if my husband says "I won't be home for supper" before leaving for work, I still have to send him an e-mail at 2 PM asking if I need to make supper.





Please tell me I'm not the only one here?  If you're scatterbrained like me, first- know that's it's okay and that I understand you.  We're in this together.  Second- I have a solution for you.  Better yet?  It's super fast, easy and cheap to make!


Here's what you need:


- Frame with glass (I opted for a larger frame because I wanted room to write extra "notes" but any size will do)  Check out the dollar store or Goodwill for cheap frames!

- Scrapbook paper

- (optional) stickers for titles, days or anything you want to always be on the board.

- Dry erase marker


It's so easy to make...




Remove any papers or photos that are inside of your frame.  Cut your scrapbook paper down to size so that it will fit inside the frame.

Add any stickers that you might have wanted to include.  If you have a cutting machine, you can also cut letters out "mirrored" so that they can stick directly to the inside of the glass instead of the paper.  To do this, simply type your text and then flip horizontally" before cutting.  I chose to do this for one reason only- I can swap out the paper quickly and easily whenever I want a fresh look!


{Font used here is bromello - one of my favorites!}




That's it!  
Put it together and write on it with your dry erase marker.  I made ours so that we can circle the day and then write our notes on it.  I don't really need to know what is going on, I just need to know if I'm responsible for family supper, if I need to be somewhere and if I need to hold off bedtime a few minutes so that my husband can say goodnight to our son.





The possibilities are endless!
Don't need a reminder board?  Use it to write quick notes to yourself or each other...




...or use it to plan out your meals for the day (I wish I was this organized.  More like "uhh what do we have in the refrigerator?"





Do you need one of these for your home?  It only takes a few minutes so don't wait- go make one now!

Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment