[Disclosure: I have received free product from Chickydoddle in exchange for a product review. I am in no way obligated to write a positive review and all opinions and statements are my own.]
As I mentioned in my last post, in my hunt for the perfect washi prints I stumbled upon an etsy shop called Chickydoddle. She has some really cute prints at good prices! I asked her if she was interested in collaborating with Cut, Craft, Create and she has been a pleasure to work with. Since getting my prints I have seen some new designs pop up in her shop that I *love* so I'll be buying from her shop again soon!
Here's why I like her shop:
1. She has a great selection of washi tapes, paper tapes, stickers, tags, labels, seals, twine, stamps & ink, bags & boxes, envelopes & paper and more embellishments. Whew.... boy is that a list. I've never used paper tape before so maybe that will be my next adventure!
2. The shop's motto is "heart first, business second". On her etsy page she explains what this means: "The mission of my business is to generate a reasonable profit while helping schools and non-profit organizations in need. I donate a portion of my shop's proceeds every year." How cool is that? I will always support a business that tries to make the world a better place.
3. She has wonderful customer service. Because of our back and forth with all the details involved in a collaboration, I was missing one of the prints I was hoping to review. Winnie- the shop owner mailed me that print the very next day for no charge. She also let me bundle some other items I wanted to purchase together to save me the shipping charge. She really went above and beyond in the customer service department.
4. She can make custom stickers, labels and washi tape! Think weddings, special occasions or business supplies. I wish I would have known about this for our wedding but maybe we can get some items made for our business someday. The washi tape requires a larger investment (you get a LOT of it in an order) but the stickers and labels can be made in smaller quantities.
5. The quality is very nice. I've never used washi tape before but of the ones I tried from this shop, they are great! The tape is thin and can be molded around pretty much anything without bunching up but is strong enough that it doesn't rip while you are trying to use it. Each roll comes with enough tape to do several projects, even larger ones so you get a lot of "bang for your buck". Overall I am very happy with it.
So here's what I made with the washi tape I tried:
Of course, I had to use it in a scrapbook layout. Using the Numers/Ruler design, I was able to include a date on my page. This design has numbers 1-16 on it so it can't be used for all dates but I love this idea!
This same print can be used for functionality as well! I stuck it down on the desk in front of my sewing machine and on top of my scrapbook station for a quick reference. This way I don't always have to go get my ruler to double check the size of something I'm working on.
Who knew it could be used this way?
I also used it to add an extra touch to the bookshelves in my son's nursery. For this I used the Red, Teal & Brown Magazine Article tape because it has a clear background and the magazine print fits perfectly with all the books sitting on the shelf!
This was it before:
If you want to see details about the other projects I made, check out my most recent post.
Okay now, want to win your own? Chickydoddle has offered to give one lucky winner a box of washi tape worth $25! That's a lot of washi tape to create all sorts of fun projects with! Entering is easy and open to US residents. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway