Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Bandana for Our Furry Friends

I finally got around to making our Christmas cards.  Okay, I finally got around to taking a picture and ordering one of those cards from online that you upload your picture to.  It is less crafty than I intended but they are really cute!  Either way, I had to get our dog Ernie (remember his debut on my treat container post?  If not, go check out the big sweetie!) ready for the occasion as well.  That is why I made him a *drumroll please*....... Christmas Bandana!


I couldn't resist having him "say" that.  This bandana looks really nice going down his backside too, but for the sake of family pictures, we moved it up front.  Even though it looks kind of long on the front, I really like it (is it more "formal" that way?).  Plus, the top can be folded down to position at whatever height you desire.

Did you notice the bells at the bottom?  My favorite part about this whole project is how he sounds like Santa's sleigh as he trots around the house.  I absolutely love it!


All you need to do is:
1. Find a fabric that you like,
2. Cut it into a rectangle (make sure the long side will fit around your dogs neck!
3. Fold into a triangle.  I kept my fabric doubled over so that the bandana is extra sturdy.
4. You can sew this together quickly, or if you are trying to get this done as you are taking pictures (I know, I know, don't judge me), use some Heat n Bond along the top and middle edges.
5. Quickly sew on some bells along the bottom "V" of the bandana.  Don't go all the way up because that will just rub against your pet's neck.

That's it, you're done!

{My handsome husband and my adorable doggie}

Once the bandana was finished we were ready for our family "photo shoot"!  We took lots of pictures and had a ball listening to Ernie trot around the house with his jingle bells.



{Your Turn}
Which of your furry friends would like a Christmas bandana of their own?  Or, tell me a story of some of the fun (or wacky) things your pets have worn for the sake of a good picture.  I love all of our furry friends, so please share your stories with me!

Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

LINK LOVE! Linked up to: Every Day is an Occasion

1 comment:

  1. This is a Great Article. You are posting an informatics blog so keep posting. I want to share the information about the iOS app development company. At our iOS app development company, we eagerly await your ideas for the next successful iOS application. We engage with clients throughout the entire process – from defining and enabling ideation to meticulous planning, rigorous testing, and continuous monitoring. We cover every aspect of modern iOS app development, ensuring your product is not only bold, intuitive, timely, and innovative but also aligned with current market trends.

    ReplyDelete