Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day Six of "I could make that" March!


It's Day Six of "I could make that!" March and today we have something even better than Cinderella's glass slipper- Newspaper Heels!


Of course, this idea was inspired by an image I pinned on Pinterest:

{via}

Apparently this idea came from Michaels (LOVE Michaels!).  I actually like the Superhero look a lot, but since I'm not much of a comic book reader, I thought it would be a bit of a lie for me to sport these amazing heels. 

However, if you've been following me for very long you know that I LOVE newspaper.  I've made newspaper mason jars, decorative glitter sticks, Easter eggs and more- all from newspaper!  So why would these heels be any different?


I bought those silver heels at Goodwill several years ago.  There are large clear beads attached at the toe, which I kept on the shoes.  Small strips of newspaper were cut and placed in between the beads.  Because the shoes were originally silver, any gaps in the paper are non visible from eye level.


Not bad, huh?


This could be pasted in several smaller pieces as well, I just chose to make the side strips long.  It's entirely up to you!

I didn't change a thing from the original instructions listed on the Michaels Pinterest image except for using newspaper.  Just cut, Mod Podge, stick and cover again with Mod Podge!  That's it!


{Your Turn!}
Forget about the glass slipper, you wont want to leave your newspaper heels behind!  Can you think of another material pattern to use (other than comic or newspaper)?  Anyone else willing to try this out?

Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment