Monday, April 8, 2013

Frame Your Memories & Mementos

Let me start off by saying that I LOVE this project.  I haven't had the chance to hang it up yet but I seriously pick it up every time I walk past it.  Maybe I am crazy, maybe it's just that good.  You be the judge.

My husband and I got married last summer and like many people do, we saved his boutonniere (I took apart my bouquet but use the billy balls in decoration around the house) and let it dry.  There it sat, on top of a bookcase for around 10 months.  I wasn't sure what to do with it but I knew it wanted to keep it.  Then one day it hit me- frame it! 



Depending on the size of your memento, find a frame that will fit around it with room to spare (so it doesn't look too crowded).  I found the perfect sized frame but had to make a few changes to it.  I ripped off the backing, took out the staples and removed the mat and picture that was already in there- leaving only the glass and frame.  Check out Goodwill or the Salvation Army for some cheap frames that you don't mind altering a bit!



I used vinyl for the wording and hot glued the boutonniere on.  Easy peasy. 

{Because of the font, the silhouette made cut marks between some of the letters.  At first I thought I would re-do it but once it was up I loved the chipped look of it!}


A final look at the finished product:

{I love that it's see through.  No mat, no extras drawing the eye away from the good stuff.  Just lovely}


If you are wondering how I picked "our big adventure" here's the story:  I wont give away all the details of my husband's marriage proposal because that's our thing that only we know but I will say that it involved a theme of "our big adventure".  We were getting ready to hike the Grand Canyon (an adventure for sure) and we were looking ahead to our lives together (an even bigger adventure).  Putting these few beautiful words next to his boutonniere just seemed right.



{Your Turn}
What special memories and mementos would you frame? As soon as I get the tools to do it, I am hanging this beauty right in our living room where we can see it everyday. It is not just lovely to look at, but a constant reminder that we are in this big adventure together.


Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment