Friday, November 8, 2013

Easy Tips for Fall Decorating

Hello again.  I hope everyone has had a great week since you've been here last.  I have had a CRAZY week and I should probably be working on a hundred other things right now but oh well, right?  If you can't make time to craft then the week really isn't that good is it?

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I decided to make a Thanksgiving themed craft.  I don't usually decorate for Thanksgiving, so I needed something easy with crisp, clean lines.  You know... nothing too over the top since I'm not used to it!  What I came up with was a lovely printable (it's free, scroll down!) that reminds us to be thankful.

I also wanted to share the fall decoration that my mom made for her front steps.  I love the simpleness of it but find it absolutely stunning.  I think I actually gasped when I first saw it and compliment her on it every time I visit now.


I can sometimes be a little over-the-top on... everything, so I appreciate the opportunity to use simple designs in my decorating.  I think this holds particularly true in the month of Thanksgiving when we recognize how grateful we are for the simple things that we sometimes take for granted.


Simple and to the point.  For an extra touch, I included a little green on there.  I love random splashes of color!

For this printable (it's an 8x10) click here.

For the potted decor, my mom said that she spent around a dollar on the whole thing!


The flower pot was from my wedding, as was the burlap.  The gourds and corn she got on sale for around a dollar.  All you need to do is fill the bottom of the pot with whatever filler you desire (so that everything keeps from sinking to the bottom) and layer it up!

These simple pieces speak volumes when it comes to fall decorating.  Don't be afraid to keep it simple and enjoy!

Happy Crafting,
Kelsie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment